Southwest Airlines and Whole Foods are businesses that practice conscious capitalism. Conduct research on either company. Identify, summarize, and defend three characteristics of either company that are consistent with conscious capitalism ideals.
Long-Term Care Facilities: Services, Successes, and Failures
Many services are available to help seniors stay in their homes. These services are increasing in popularity as more seniors are choosing community care over institutionalized care. Two main services that assist seniors in this area are adult day care and home health care.
Find out an adult day care and a home health care in your vicinity or using the Internet.
Based on the knowledge gained from your research, respond to three of the following questions:
Adult day care programs began more like a social model; however, over time, they have developed as a medical model. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Adult day care is being described as gap filler between institutional and non-institutional care? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
What population comprises the largest group receiving care in adult day care programs? Why?
Do you think receiving patients with more medical problems has impacted adult day care services? Why? How has this effected staffing?
Which success factor has had the greatest impact on the cost-effectiveness of health care services? How?
What impact has home health care had on the quality of life for consumers? Provide examples to support your answer.
Is there a time when home health care and adult day care is no longer appropriate for a senior? What criteria are used to establish this?
The outcome for Chapter 14.3 states that “Regression analysis is a statistical tool that is used for two main purposes: description and prediction.”
Based on the outcome, provide a current event of a business application using regression analysis for decision making.
Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates’ posts. Cite any resources used.
Submit your answer to each of the problems and show the calculations you used to arrive at the answer. You must show calculations to receive credit.
Salinas Corporation has net income of $15 million per year on net sales of $90 million per year. It currently has no long-term debt but is considering a debt issue of $20 million. The interest rate on the debt would be 7%. Salinas currently faces an effective tax rate of 40%. What would be the annual interest tax shield to Salinas if it goes through with the debt issuance?
Carbon8 Corporation wants to raise $120 million in a seasoned equity offering, net of all fees. Carbon8 stock currently sells for $28.00 per share. The underwriters will require a fee of $1.25 per share, and indicate that the issue must be underpriced by 7.5%. In addition to the underwriter’s fee, the firm will incur $785,000 in legal, administrative, and other costs. How many shares must Carbon8 sell in order to raise the desired amount of capital?
FM Foods is evaluating its cost of capital. Use the following information provided on December 31, 2017, to estimate FM’s after-tax cost of equity capital.
Yield to maturity on long-term government bonds: 4.4%
Yield to maturity on company long-term bonds: 6.3%
Coupon rate on company long-term bonds: 7%
Historical excess return on common stocks: 6.5%
Company equity beta: 1.20
Stock price: $40.00
Number of shares outstanding (millions): 240
Book value of equity (millions): $5,240
Book value of interest-bearing debt (millions): $1,250
Tax rate: 35.0%
FUTURE TRENDS IN HEALTHCARE
For our first week’s assignment go to our Library’s LIRN database.
Log on the library and then use the databases called PROQUEST and STATISTA, where you can find all kinds of articles, statistics and reports.
Write a minimum 2 page (excluding the title and references page), research paper discussing the trends in Health care in the United States, look for recent articles that talk about health care trends that will be coming up in the future.
To be more clear don’t use an article from 2011 or 2015 that talks about what’s coming up….., look for recently published articles.
Also on Statista you can find all kinds of Statistics and reports.
Use APA 7 Format for your paper and list your references.
Do not use google to find articles, please use only our Library’s databases.
– Company A has a return on assets of 4% and a return on equity of 15%, while company B has a return on assets of 4% and a return on equity of 10%. Is company A more likely to be a better investment for shareholders than company B? Under what circumstances would you prefer to be a shareholder of company A?
Add a new discussion topic
– – response should be a minimum of two paragraphs and should be between 200 and 250 words. The font is Times New Roman, font size should be 12, and the paragraphs are single-spaced. There should be a minimum of one reference supporting your observations. Citations are to follow APA 7.0.
You work for SunRize, an organic sports drink company, and you have been asked to do a competitive analysis to see where your company’s product compares to Gatorade sports drinks.
Based on your findings write a 1 page (minimum) comparing the competitors that you researched. Be sure to appropriately cite your sources of information.
In a Microsoft Word document, write a minimum of two double-spaced pages where you establish three professional and lifelong learning goals that you are planning in detail to achieve once you’ve completed college (25 points each).
Explain in detail your Action Plan for achieving three professional growth and lifelong learning goals. Your Action Plan could include, for example, descriptions of new or updated skills you will acquire, specific training courses, certificates, licenses, digital badges, or advanced degrees. Your Action Plan could also include which professional associations you will join; subscriptions to which industry journals, publications, webinars, and/or podcasts you will join; professional conferences as an attendee or presenter; or other opportunities for professional growth and lifelong learning. You might also include your goals for mentorship and succession planning.
Check your writing for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and word usage.
Submit your Professional Growth and Lifelong Learning Action Plan as a Microsoft Word document named ActionPlanLASTName.docx.
United States v. Hansen
Click here to access the assigned case.
Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answers before submitting it to Ashworth College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, you should answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format.
Your response should be a minimum of four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the Length and Formatting instructions below for additional details.
In complete sentences respond to the following prompts:
Summarize the facts of the case;
Identify the parties and explain each party’s position;
Outline the case’s procedural history including any appeals;
What is the legal issue in question in this case?
How did the court rule on the legal issue of this case?
What facts did the court find to be most important in making its decision?
Do you agree or disagree with the court’s decision? Provide an explanation for your reasoning either agree or disagree.
Length4 pages, typed, double spacedFont12 point, Times New Roman or Calibri FontProgram/File TypeSubmit through the assignment textboxAttachmentsShould be pasted into the Word document if possible.Referencing systemAPA referencing system is necessary in assignments, especially material copied from the Internet.
For examples of correct citations, visit the following links:
Read the information provided in Topics 2–4, as well as the required readings and additional resources.
This assignment is designed to help you identify the competencies and behaviours that support ongoing client relationships during emotional periods of anxiety and anger. Assignment 1 should be used very briefly to set the context of Assignment 2.
Write your assignment with specific analyses of your competencies (e.g. strengths) and competency gaps (e.g. further learning) as indicated by the Genos emotional intelligence survey in Topic 2; the communication styles survey in Topic 3; and your observations of consumer behaviour in Topic 4.
You should discuss the following five (5) points at a minimum in your assignment.
1. Recall that Assignment 1 required you to identify a key business problem, the context of which can be elaborated with concepts of behavioural finance. Based on the context, you are required to give brief examples (strengths and weaknesses) of the general level of emotional intelligence across a group you can observe (e.g. your work colleagues or the people you interviewed). Apply Daniel Goleman’s emotional intelligence competency framework, presented in Topic 2. The objective is to observe emotional intelligence behaviours in practice.
2. Critically evaluate your emotional intelligence strengths and weaknesses relative to your observation group. Consider elements from your environment that impact on your strengths and weaknesses and how you can leverage off your strengths to take advantage of opportunities and overcome threats that impact your weaknesses. Apply your Genos emotional intelligence survey results. The objective is to identify opportunities where you can support your group and manage threats that you need to overcome as a group, and areas where you should rely on support from the group.
3. Evaluate your communication style (e.g. each element within the communication style survey). Comment on the implications of your style and others’ possible perceptions of your authenticity.
4. To gain a better understanding of prevalent biases in your workplace environment among clients and/or colleagues, administer three (3) copies each of the bias identification quiz and the BIT orientation quiz (yours and two (2) colleagues). Once the data collection has been completed, analyse the results and then provide practical explanations of causes and consequences of identified bias behaviours (from the bias identification quiz). Also, provide practical descriptions of the results from yourself and your colleagues (from the BIT orientation quiz results).
5. Based on your own results from self-assessment and associated observations and conclusions of your analysis of your observation group, reflect on how these can be applied to a professional development plan for yourself and your business/colleagues. In terms of colleagues/business — you might consider a more strategic view which may include, but are not limited to, the client value proposition, financial outcomes, client outcomes, process outcomes and HR outcomes in developing objectives and action plan
1. My main role in managing my money is:
A To be the guardian of my wealth by not making risky investments.
B Actively trading my account to accumulate wealth.
C Doing research before investment decisions.
D Listening to others for advice on managing money.
2. When it comes to financial matters, I most agree with which statement?
A Losing money is the worst possible outcome.
B I should act quickly on opportunities to make money.
C I need to be satisfied I have taken the time to understand an investment I plan to make, even if I miss opportunities by doing so.
D I should not be in charge of overseeing my money.
Answer: Answer: C
3. When deciding on an investment, I trust the advice of:
A My own self-discipline.
B My own instincts.
C My own research.
D Someone other than myself
4. When markets are going up, I am:
C Calm and rational.
D Glad I am following someone’s advice.
5. In the financial realm, which word best describes you?
D Advice taker.
6. When it comes to following a plan to manage money, which best describes your thinking?
A If following a plan will help safeguard my assets, I will do it.
B Following a plan is not that important.
C A plan is good, but investment decisions must include my thinking.
D I tend to follow others’ advice; so if a plan is recommended to me I will follow it or
I will just listen to others’ ideas
7. I feel most confident about my money when:
A I can sleep at night knowing my assets are safely invested.
B I am invested in assets that have high appreciation potential.
C I make my own investment decisions or at least have input into the process.
D I am invested in things that many others are invested in.
8. When a friend suggests a ‘sure thing’ investment idea, my response normally is:
A I typically avoid these types of ideas.
B I love things like this and I can take action right away if needed.
C I will do my own research and then decide what to do.
D I will need to consult someone else before making a decision.
9. Short-term fluctuations in my portfolio make me:
A Panic, thinking about selling.
B Sense opportunity, thinking about buying.
C Feel in control, potentially doing nothing.
D Want to call someone to see how my money is going.
10. Imagine yourself at a sporting event. Which role are you most likely to play?
A A defensive player.
B An offensive player.
C Strategist or coach.